This program is an exciting opportunity for you to save money on your electric bill and participate in solar energy produced in the State of New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Illinois.
What is Community Solar?
Community Solar refers to local solar power developments that are shared by multiple customers. Community solar provides residents, businesses, and non-profits of a community the opportunity to share the benefits of solar power, when installing solar onsite is not an option.
Residents and local business owners benefit from the electricity generated by the community solar array, which costs less than the price they would pay to their utility. Community Solar requires no capital investment, equipment installation, or ongoing maintenance obligations.
Benefits to residents and local small business owners include the following:
- 5% – 15% savings on the total bill amount
- Keep your third-party retail energy supplier for additional savings
- Long-term guaranteed savings up to 25 years
- No Enrollment Fees
- No Equipment is required to be installed
- Demonstrate your support for local solar development and jobs!