What are LEDs and how do they work?
LED stands for Light Emitting Diode. LED lighting products produce light approximately 90% more efficiently than incandescent light bulbs. LED works when an electrical current passes through a microchip, which illuminates the tiny light sources we call LEDs, and the result is visible light. To prevent performance issues, the heat LEDs produce is absorbed into a heat sink.
The lifetime of LED Lighting Products
The useful life of LED lighting products is defined differently than Incandescent or Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL). LEDs typically do not “burn out” or fail. Instead, they experience ‘lumen depreciation,’ wherein the brightness of the LED dims slowly over time. Unlike incandescent bulbs, LED “lifetime” is established on a prediction of when the light output decreases by 30 percent.
What are the benefits of LED Lights?
- The LEDs lighting is more efficient, versatile, and lasts longer
- LEDs can use light and energy more efficiently No heat. Unlike incandescent light bulbs that release 90% of their energy as heat
- Extra long life
- Weatherproof in extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- LEDs get more efficient as the ambient temperature gets lower LEDs use significantly less energy than CFLs
- LEDs do not contain mercury.
Reduced fixed monthly payments
Convenience 36-month financing terms
Bulbs last up to 20 years
Finding the best electricity rate
Enter your zip code to find out to compare energy rates.View Rates finder
These business case studies demonstrate how we’ve helped companies make a positive impact on their business.Case Studies
Discover more about lowering your energy costs by reaching out our team.
Speak to an Energy Consultant!(347) 628 7236